Local vs. National SEO… Which is right?
Are your customers are in a specific location?
- Geo-targeted keywords: Optimize your website for local visitors. Do you only serve one town or city? Let’s make sure we create the right content for just that area. Creating something for a global audience would not be valuable for you.
- Citations: There are directories such as Yelp, Foursquare, professional websites, city directories, small business listings, etc. You should ensure your listing is updated and complete with pictures and a full description to ensure you’re found.
- Schema: Google and other search engines use more than just the content on your website to provide details on the search results pages. You can now structure content and details on your website to provide more rich and user-friendly details.
Do you sell products or services online?
- Optimize content, Keywords, Trust Rank and general structure of your website are all key factors in determining if you show up on the top of search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. But before you start ranking for competitive keywords in your industry you have to lay a foundation and then start building the frame of the house, and then the details such as your kitchen counter way later. Google uses over 200+ factors to rank a website so building websites that are effective and discovered is a must if you plan being online. There is a process you must follow to rank highly so creating clean code for search engine robots can recognize titles, paragraph text and image description and filenames.
- Webmaster tools: Duplicate content, missing titles, broken links and other technical errors will hurt the ranking of your website. Install and properly scan and configure Webmaster tools to ensure your website has no errors in its structure.
- Competitors: You, like us, are likely not the only people competing in our industries. Doing proper keyword and competitor link research will help you learn where you stand, and the opportunities to improve your ranking. Generally, you can beat them through quality and valuable content, social media and trust rank.
The advantages between Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Advertising (PPC)
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Let’s get down to business and reach the customers you need in order to win in this marketplace.